22 August, 2011

The Rest of My Life

Well, I'm officially completely moved into my new apartment in Chicago! It's so nice to have my own place and finally have all of my stuff unpacked and in one place.


Tomorrow morning I have orientation for school. It's crazy to think that I'm actually looking forward to going back to school when this time two years ago I thought I would never go back. I have gone through so much in the past two years and my life is so different. I've seen and experienced many things. I feel like I've grown up more and really figured out what I want to do with my life. And then there is Africa. By far the most incredible experience of my life. Not a day has gone since my return that I haven't thought about how in love I was with everything over there and how I can't wait to go back. It truly changed my life, and me, forever. I think about all the things that I have accomplished in the past year and I can honestly say that I am proud of myself, and I have never been able to say that before.


I feel like Chicago is my chance. The next chapter in my life. For the first time in my life I know who I am and what I want. I want to make a difference in the world, and this is it.


"The rest of your life is being shaped right now with the dreams you chase, the choices you make, and the person you decide to be. The rest of your life is a long time, and the rest of your life starts right now."

No comments: