05 February, 2013

Relay for Life 2013



My Reason to Relay

I am participating in the American Cancer Society's Relay For Life because I want to make a meaningful difference in the fight against cancer.

Almost everyone has been touched by cancer, either through their own personal battle or through someone they love. This past year, someone very close to me, whom I love very much, was diagnosed with cancer. It broke my heart because not only was I scared for her, but I never want to see anyone have to go through that diagnosis. Many tears were shed and a lot of anger was displayed, all very expected reactions. But what I learned most from her battle with cancer was how it is not just an individual fight. Cancer truly affects every person around you and takes it's toll on them all.

Today, I am so proud to say that she is a survivor. A survivor who inspires me and gives me hope because no matter how hard things got, no matter the amount of tears or anger, she never once gave up. She fought this battle and she won. And I am so proud of her. I have looked up to her my entire life and she has always been an extremely prominent role model to me. Her fight is just another reason why I love her so much.

Please join my team, or make a donation, to help me honor my survivor, as well as everyone else ever affected by cancer by following this link: My Fundraising Page. We will help the American Cancer Society create a world with less cancer and more birthdays. Together, we can help make sure that cancer never steals another year of anyone's life!

From the words of an AMAZING survivor:

I may not have chosen this battle
But I will damn well choose
How I will fight this fight
I will call the shots
When I am frightened
I will take strength
From those who love me
When I am tearful
I'll cry out and then move on
I will learn all I can from this battle
And I will WIN

No comments: