09 June, 2013

This Changes Everything

Over three years ago, I realized that it was time to make my longtime dream of working in Africa a reality. Little did I know, that it would change my life forever. 

The program that I I interned with, Cross Cultural Solutions' (CCS) motto is: "Change their world. Change yours. This changes everything." This couldn't be more true. 

My whole life I have always wanted to feel like I fit in; like I belonged somewhere. I wanted to make a difference in someone's life and know that I helped them. With CCS, I did just that. I know that in previous blogs I have written about "what you do matters" and I still believe that is so true. Everyday I think of "My Angel" and the moment she told me she loved me, or when I taught a little girl how to read her first book, or even when I climbed to the very top of Mount Kilimanjaro...all of these moments had a huge impact on the person that I  am today.

I know that where I am meant to be upon graduation is Africa. It's where I belong. It's what I love. It's who I am.

No comments: